My photo
Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
My name is Lauren, and I live in the bubble. I am wife to Marshall, the biggest BYU fan in the world; and mother to Carly, our big girl, and Wes, our wild man, and Calvin, our new addition. I graduated BYU with a degree in Social Work, and I went forth to serve at LDS Family Services. I like scrapbooking and going out to eat at nice restaurants. I am fascinated by new cleaning products at the grocery store, so I have to shop in wide circles around the perimeter to avoid the temptation to buy. I love chocolate.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Some Carly firsts in 2012

Carly had some big girl firsts this last year that I wanted to document.

In August she started soccer.  At this age it's mostly magnet ball, but it was still really fun to watch.  Her team was the "Tiny Ninjas."





Throughout her season, she scored 4 or 5 goals, and had a lot of fun.  She wasn't as tentative as some of the kids out there, but could definitely stand to be more aggressive.  Her favorite part was going to get ice cream after the games.

August 28th- first day of school.  I can't believe my baby is big enough for kindergarten!

She had to pick out her own outfit, and her hair had to be in a ponytail.  Not opinionated at all.

Walking to school with a neighborhood friend.  





Yes, I was the creepy mom-a-razzi taking photos through the classroom window.
She is loving school and is sad when we have a holiday off.  In kindergarten they get a homework packet for the month and turn it in all at once at the end of the month.  This girl sits down and does the whole packet in 1 or 2 days at the beginning of the month and begs for more.  She is also loving learning how to read.  I knew she would!  We had tried introducing reading multiple times before school started.  Each time she would get mad at me and insist that she would learn once she went to school.  So stubborn!  I have no idea where she gets that from.

2 comments:

Mars said...

That's my girl!

kel said...

What a cutie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails